Me and Lady Luck never go together, almost on "non speaking terms". But for once, am still really wondering how, I have been nominated for Liebster award by Divya and Erleen here. So here is how it goes :)
Step 1: About the award
According to the internet research (thanks to me! and er... Google), the Liebster Award takes its name from the German word meaning ‘Beloved, Dearest or Favorite'. With a primary motive to display love (and some attention and links!!) to new blogs :)
This award is for bloggers with less than 200 followers. And here are the rules:
- Thank the presenter of the award, with a tag back :)
- Each person must post 11 facts about themselves.
- Answer 11 questions the tagger has given you and give 11 questions for the people you’ve tagged.
- Choose 11 people and link them in your posts.
- Tell them you have tagged them, by commenting on their blogs
- Remember, no tag backs.
So the 11 Facts :)
Not because I can not write 11 things, but you know that I cannot stop with just 11 he he... Dont believe, try this !
- I love lists
- I am an Aries :P
- The last book I read was "Three wishes"
- The latest compliment I got was "unstable" :(
- That title beats my usual tag, "procrastinator"
- My fave quote (Right now): "Procrastination isn't the problem. It's the solution. It's the universe's way of saying stop, slow down, you move too fast. "
- I was calling this blog as "merespectator.blogspot.in", then I felt I just cant be a "mere" anymore :)
- I am addicted, well.. almost, to my mobile
- I will always like cartoon
- I had a Dog named Scooby. You see the connection?
- Do I have to tell that I talk a lot ? :P
Oh ok.. I could not resist putting my ever favorite quote from Mark Twain:“Never put off until tomorrow what you can do the day after tomorrow.”
My answers for each of the nomination
Erleen, here I go:
1. How long do you finish reading an ebook and a physical?
Depends on the book, plot, genre and everything else. But I dont think whether it is a physical or ebook that matter in the duration.
2. Why do you blog?
I feel the blog is a way of expression of my thoughts, how much ever bland they maybe. And the satisfied feeling we get once get something done on our own.
3. What are the things you like about reading?
Reading has always been a way of escaping into lives of other people. So I could tell "to live a new life every time a book is opened."
4. What is your most favorite book of all time?
Hmm at the moment, I could think of Kiterunner, by Khaled Hosseini. It stayed in my mind for almost a week after I finished reading. But again this keep changing. And I also loved the Little Lady Agency series by Hester Browne and completed all three of them in a week.
5. In what type of genre would you like your life to be?
Now you dont expect my life to be the M&B type right? So may be the self deprecating humor type. Like "Is everyone hanging out without me?" by Mindy Kahling. And of course, the "three men in a boat"
6. What is/are your favorite genre/s?
Humor, Romance, Non fiction. Actually from anything to everything :) Well.. almost
7. What is/are your least favorite genre/s?
Oh maybe extreme sci fi is not my cup of tea, but still can read it rather than not reading anything
8. How many books do you read per month?
I am not a regular reader as I like to be. So it is really not average-able (oh my terrible English)
9. What is the origin of your blogsite name?
Simply that is the way I am usually, thinking a lot about everything and nothing. But then, I cant really make my readers to believe they are going to read about everything in the world - then it is false marketing :) SO the only next choice was musings over nothing, which was pretty much bland, Hence had to add the bling-bling as necessary :)
10. What are the things you can't live without?
Mobile, Internet and of course me :) Earlier it was Television, but not anymore :)
11. Any book recommendation?
Did you read the "Two Lives" by Vikram Seth? No?
Neither me, that is why it is right now in my reading list
Divya, My answers to you:
1. Which is your favourite hang out place?
My room, my bed. Yeah I know there is no real hang out there :(
But we used to visit a market place in T nagar. More of window shopping in the too crowded place. Thats where we had had enough fun:)
Getting lesser and lesser of that :(
2. Who is your favourite author?
I am not the author fan person :( It is just the book, not the author for me.. Sorry
3. Who is you idol in life?
Hmm I have learnt a lot from several people, been picking the habits from people I see as I move along in life - both good and bad :)
4. When is your birthday?
5. What comes to your mind when you hear the word "books"?
Old bookshelves, Old book shops and my school library. Off-late "my bookshelf". You have to forgive, my brain wont upgrade to the fancy bookstores around here- yeah call me thrifty or even out dated
6. Do you have a Goodreads account? If yes, what is the thing you like about this site the most?
Yea, you can catch me here :) I just love the idea of social networking only for books :)
Reason: It always keeps me on my toes and motivated to read more. One round through the site and I feel "OMG, so much to read, so little time".
And I always had very less people in my "real life" to discuss books, or criticize the writing or even to drool over the hero. So it was double the pleasure here :) Goodreads all the way :) :)
7. Which is the favourite social networking site according to you?
Used to be FB, then it became Goodreads. Now I am moderately active in all of them (except Twitter, No dont ask me why.) but maybe I just lost the craze in social networking as such :)
8. Tea or coffee?
9. What are your educational qualifications?
Hmmm I hold a bachelors degree in commerce and a Professional Cost and Management Accountant (ICWA) and currently pursuing my Company Secretary-ship Final :)
10. Books or movies?
11. Which is your favourite ice-cream?
Falooda? Is that not an ice cream? :( Ok I am not crazy about just ice creams :) Any ice cream sundae would do..
I know I am a little late to this meme, so in case your getting tagged again, here is my sorry :oops:
- Unconventional Bookreviews
Now go, You are "IT"
My questions for you:
- If your life were a book, what would be the title?
- Name a book that is on your wish-list for a long time?
- What is the next immediate thing you are going to do with your blog, (other than posting)?
- One feature/design you like from another blog, (Specify the link)
- How often you post and how often you visit other blogs?
- Do you read the blogs you follow?
- How long have you been blogging?
- What are you reading / doing right now? (other than answering this)
- Do you sneak peek the last pages of a book, ever?
- What is one thing that you do exceptionally well? Be honest.
- Are you addicted to technology?
Get yourself a badge from me :) Feel free to choose either of these :P